WHAT I DO
I have worked with an eclectic mix of artists since I opened Tiny Thunder Audio in 2011. My sessions are set up to easily accommodate any artist, regardless of style or genre. Every new project is approached as challenge and a lesson in individuality. The goal is always, first and foremost, to highlight the talents of each band or artist.
I mix music with a hybrid approach, meaning that the best of both digital and analog equipment is used to process a piece. By using a hybrid mixing style I’m able to incorporate analog warmth and digital precision to every song or record that I work on.
Mastering is both the most crucial and most overlooked aspect of almost any recording project. It’s akin to binding a novel. Without proper binding, a book is bound to fall apart no matter how great the story is or what quality paper it’s printed on. Similarly, a record that lacks proper mastering can sound fractured, like it doesn’t quite flow together correctly. Mastering is the process that truly makes a record sound like a cohesive, finished project.
If your mix is already finished but you are interested in adding space, width or saturation to your tracks, I can help you with that as well. By running your stems through high-end converters, compressors, equalizers, tape emulators and tube processing, I’m able to provide all the finishing touches your record might need.
Get the professional editing services necessary for all your recordings, including:
- Audio cleanup
- Loop editing
- Noise removal
- Track alignment, rearrangement and consolidation
- Time shifting
No Frills. No Hype. Tiny Thunder Audio is equipped with all the tools you need to make a great sounding record.
- Apple Mac Pro Quad-core 2.8GHz
- Antelope Audio Orion AD/DA
- Mytek Brooklyn ADC
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC
- Pro Tools 12
- Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo DSP Accelerator Card
- Plugins by UAD, Soundtoys, Waves, Izotope and Timbral Research
- Manley Variable MU Limiter/Compressor
- Manley Massive Passive Equalizer
- Neve 33609 N Compressor
- Neve 8803 Equalizer
- API 2500 Bus Compressor
- API 5500 Dual Equalizer
- TK Audio TK-Lizer
- TK Audio BC-501 Compressor
- Empirical Labs Distressor (2)
- IGS Rubber Bands 500 MEQ
- Acme Opticom XLA-500 (2)
- Elysia Karacter 500 Saturator
- RND 542 Tape Emulator (2)
- TC Electronic M-1XL Reverb
- TC Electronic D-Two Delay
- Vintage Maker Summing Mixer (custom design/build)
- Neumann V-4752-A / Haufe transformers
- 32 Channels
- Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 Gen 2 Monitors
- Audeze LCD-2HP
- Dorrough 40-A analog metering
- TC Electronic Clarity Meter